• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Glad to be a Saint

New Orleans Saints linebacker Scott Fujita was on a conference call with national media today.

Fujita, a free-agent signee last offseason, certainly sounds like a guy who made the right decision to leave the Dallas Cowboys for the Saints. With the Saints in the NFC title game and the Cowboys out of the playoffs two weeks ago, few would argue with his decision now.

"I had been offered an extension in the few months prior to free agency,'' Fujita said. "As free agency hit, the offers slowly climbed. For me, it was all about finding the right fit and a place where I felt the most comfortable and thought I would be the happiest.

"Once free agency opened up and I came down to New Orleans, I just felt like I was right here, right where I belong. It's nothing against Dallas. I enjoyed my time there. They had a good thing going. It was just time for me to have a change.''

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home