• Shreveporttimes.com • Weather • Calendar • Jobs • Cars • Real Estate • Apartments • Shopping • Classifieds • Dating

Saturday, January 13, 2007

To use a bad pun...

...some of the Saints just came marching onto the Superdome turf.

The buzz in, around and outside the stadium, spilling blocks away from the stadium, is palpable. The pregame atmosphere feels almost collegiate, nothing like an NFL game.

Fans walking down the famed Poydras Street joined in cheers of "Who dat?" and hardly a speck of Philly green could be found in the stands hours before kickoff.

You know, normally I don't believe in home-field advantage; New Orleans may again convince me otherwise tonight.

I remember coming to the Superdome in January 2004, when I was a cub reporter covering the Oklahoma Sooners in the Sugar Bowl. Their opponent, of course, was the Nick Saban-led LSU Tigers. In that game, an OU team that I had believed to be nearly perfect for a college team was overwhelmed from the start. The pro-LSU crowd played no small role in that "home" win.

To me, without giving a prediction, it feels a little familiar in here tonight.

- Joel Anderson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home